About

 About me

Hi, I'm Thelma Renaud. I have been studying in fashion design for two semesters at Cégep Marie-Victorin. This program mainly prepares me to become a designer and be able to build my own company. So, it prepares us to be able to know every step of production and creation of garment. But it also prepares the student to become a technical designer, a pattern maker, stylist, designer for a creator, assistant designer and more. 

Fashion design is a technical program so that means that after 3 semesters I will be able to work without going to the university. But me, to perfect my skills, I would like to go to university in fashion marketing to be able to have all the basics to set up my company, it is also a most in a CV.  So, after my Cégep, I will take some courses about the marketing and how to start a business. In my next session, I will have an internship so that will introduce me into the fashion industry.  I think going in fashion design at the university it is not something easy. There are limited places, so they are choosing only the most qualified. So, you most be serious and efficient at school, this is the key for a fashion student.


About this blog   

I want my blog to be a tool and a guide for the future young designer who are studying in fashion design. I will talk about the fashion in Montreal because the industry in Montreal is growing and Montréal needs younger designer to change the trend. To do this, there will be a glossary about the important words to know in fashion, a screencast of how to use VWT to help you with the grammar, a career sammury article to answer all the most ask question in this field. So, the main subjects will be related on my passion, but I will make links with my program. My blog would have summaries about articles, videos, podcasts etc. that I made. I will always put the link or the source of my research at the end of my works for the readers.The quality of the language is important for me, so I will always correct my summaries before I published them. I will use VWT or Labodanglais to make sure that I make no mistake. To have perfect summaries, I will ask my sister if she can read my text because she is better than me in english, so she can see errors that I cannot.

If there are any problems with the blog our any errors in my texts, the reader will be able to join me directly with my school e-mail and I will correct the problem soon as I can. 


Comments